- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged music and setting
‘The more I wrote, the more my novel seemed to vibrate with meaning and questions. I found these fascinating but they could have drowned the book, whereas most of all I wanted to tell a mysterious story. It was music that kept me straight.’
Today I’m at Writers & Artists, talking about a subject that will be somewhat familiar to regulars here – writing with music. They were fascinated by the concept of Undercover Soundtracks, and asked me to explain to their readers.
(And would it be gauche of me to do a happy dance because my creative salon is being featured on Bloomsbury’s writing blog… Look where you might end up if you start a series just because you want to. Have a great weekend. x)
authors, Bloomsbury, characters and music, deepen your story, fiction, ghostwriting, having ideas, how to write a book, how to write a novel, inspiration, interview, literary fiction, literature, music and setting, music and stories, music and writing, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, using music to create a character, using music to write, Writers & Artists, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing to music
- Writing a book for easy money – a myth examined March 11, 2018
- 6 unusual tips for writing characters who’ll keep readers riveted – guest post at Ingram Spark March 8, 2018
- Do this before that: 5 production steps for brilliant books – guest post at Alliance of Independent Authors February 18, 2018
- 3 wondrous paradoxes of a slow writing process February 4, 2018
- The writer’s persona in the narrative, MFA courses and Englishness – interview at Rain Taxi January 27, 2018
- Biggest challenge as an indie author and how to stay creative – interview at ALLi January 22, 2018
- ‘What is hope and how do we make more of it?’ The Undercover Soundtrack, Dwight Okita January 15, 2018