- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged My Life
‘Each song helped me see the main character a little more clearly’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Melissa Foster
My guest this week has always written in the grip of a wide-ranging playlist, but for one particular novel she found herself listening to three pieces intensively, maybe obsessively. In those songs she found her characters’ strengths and their more playful, softer sides, the great challenges they faced and the reserves they drew on to see them through. She is award-winning bestselling author, indie champion and women’s advocate Melissa Foster – and she’s on the Red Blog talking about Chasing Amanda and its Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, bestselling author, Chasing Amanda, contemporary fiction, creativity, deepen your story, having ideas, how to write a novel, inspiration, Life, Melissa Foster, music, music for writing, My Life, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, suspense, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, women's fiction, writing, Writing #2, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing routine, writing to music
- Umming and ermine – how to avoid getting in a right royal mess May 18, 2018
- Movements, movers and shakers: publishers and authors as literary citizens .. an interview May 17, 2018
- A week in the life of a small press .. an interview May 16, 2018
- Marketing literary fiction – ‘There are readers who need these stories…’ an interview May 15, 2018
- Birth of a press – ‘I knew so many talented authors being turned away…’ an interview May 14, 2018
- Setting up and running a literary imprint – 4 interviews with Laura Stanfill of Forest Avenue Press May 13, 2018
- What I learned about writing novels by failing at short stories – and how to make a short story into a long one April 29, 2018