- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged My Life
‘Each song helped me see the main character a little more clearly’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Melissa Foster
My guest this week has always written in the grip of a wide-ranging playlist, but for one particular novel she found herself listening to three pieces intensively, maybe obsessively. In those songs she found her characters’ strengths and their more playful, softer sides, the great challenges they faced and the reserves they drew on to see them through. She is award-winning bestselling author, indie champion and women’s advocate Melissa Foster – and she’s on the Red Blog talking about Chasing Amanda and its Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, bestselling author, Chasing Amanda, contemporary fiction, creativity, deepen your story, having ideas, how to write a novel, inspiration, Life, Melissa Foster, music, music for writing, My Life, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, suspense, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, women's fiction, writing, Writing #2, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing routine, writing to music
Facebook, Pinterest, Linked In, YouTube
- Slow-burn books, publishing misfits and separation anxiety – interview at Henry Hyde’s blog March 21, 2017
- Dear me: how fiction authors adapt to writing memoir March 12, 2017
- The blank page – conquering your fears. And a couple of writing prompts February 26, 2017
- ‘Cyclical melodies, beginnings and endings’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Nicole Evelina February 19, 2017
- Writers, are you showing off or sharing? A way to kill your darlings February 12, 2017
- Literary writers, we are not alone – meet Main Street Writers February 10, 2017
- ‘You get an idea and… it just grows’ – interview with book and writing blogger Michelle Dunton February 6, 2017