- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Radio show
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged New York
‘The visceral feeling when a piece of music strikes me right’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Paul Anthony Shortt
My guest this week says he’s often wished his readers could hear the soundtrack he has in mind while he’s writing. For his urban fantasy Locked Within, that was a stack of movie scores, but also some surprising cover versions and a piece by Sarah Brightman that would send any red-blooded writer charging into battle. He is Paul Anthony Shortt and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, cover versions, deepen your story, fantasy, fiction, having ideas, how to write a book, how to write a novel, inspiration, Locked Within, music, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, New York, Paul Anthony Shortt, publishing, Roz Morris, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, urban fantasy, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing to music
Le tweet …. c’est chicMy Tweets
- How do you become an editor? May 1, 2016
- ‘The lowest note in the universe’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Tracy Farr April 29, 2016
- How to blend a parallel, allegorical fantasy plot into your novel April 24, 2016
- ‘To make art by the grace of other artists’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Camille Griep April 22, 2016
- Masterclass snapshots: why it helps to construct your novel in scenes April 17, 2016
- What can an editor do for me? Discussion video at Indie Author Fringe 16 April 16, 2016
- Masterclass snapshots: how to write several narrators and make them sound distinct April 10, 2016