- Books for writers
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Email me
Posts Tagged One Night at the Jacaranda
The band is about to split. Our magnificent seven will soon scatter. The box set containing our seven novels will evaporate at the stroke of midnight BST on Saturday 23 May.
We might even resume our normal colours.
Here’s a post that explains the box set experiment. Here’s one where we were asked just what kind of political statement we thought we were making. And, in case you feel like tackling a similar venture, here’s one where we explain lessons learned.
And here’s what it’s all about:
And here’s a pretty thingy to watch
So, for the final time, you can get the box set on all ebook platforms here.
And in the meantime, I’m taking a blogging break this weekend, but I’ll be back with The Undercover Soundtrack as usual. See you there.
An Unchoreographed Life, bargain box set, Blue Mercy, Carol Cooper, contemporary fiction, Crazy For Trying, female writers, fiction, Jane Davis, Jessica Bell, Joni Rodgers, Kathleen Jones, My Memories of a Future Life, One Night at the Jacaranda, Orna Ross, Outside the Box: Women Writing Women, Roz Morris, sale ends, strong female characters, strong women, the box set, The Centauress, White Lady, Women Writers
I’ve long suspected that the music writers work to is not necessarily their favourite listening. My guest this week supports this theory. She says music is her creative Viagra, but that her choices sometimes surprise her – thus confirming for me that Undercover Soundtracks belong to a separate department in the mind. She describes her work as raunchy romance with a heartrending medical strand – she is also a doctor and the author of several health books, as well as a journalist for The Sun newspaper. Her musical colleagues include The Beatles, the BBC proms and Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Carol Cooper is on the Red Blog with her Undercover Soundtrack.
Blogging break: I’m taking a short break from my dashboard this week – to work on a few projects and get the files finalised for my upcoming audio book of My Memories of a Future Life. The next post here will be an Undercover Soundtrack, but after that it will be writing and publishing as usual! In the meantime, here’s Carol’s post…
authors, cancer, Carol Cooper, characters, Compay Segundo, contemporary fiction, Desert Island Discs, El Cuarto de Tula, fiction, Hillel Slovak, Jacaranda, John Williams, John Williams and BBC Proms, media doctor, medical arts, medical doctors, Miloš Karadaglić, music, music for writers, music for writing, music writers, My Memories of a Future Life, Nail Your Novel, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, One Night at the Jacaranda, Pills and Pillow Talk, playlist for writers, qawwali, raunchy romance, Red Hot Chili Peppers, romance, Roz Morris, the Beatles, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, Undercover Soundtracks, Viagra, Women Writers, writers, writing, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing to music
- Join 20,366 other followers
- What you can achieve if you try something a little scary… how I became a memoirist and novelist by @expatapple September 16, 2022
- How to master back story – book now for my mini-course, September 21st September 14, 2022
- The way we were – self-publishing 2005 and now September 11, 2022
- Fantasy novelists – your first pages: 5 more book openings critiqued by @agentpete @mattschodcnews and me! August 24, 2022
- From travel journalism to inner journeys – Mark Chesnut @munderamedia on writing his first memoir August 21, 2022
- Using real people in historical fiction – how much can you invent? August 14, 2022
- ‘If you are serious about writing, don’t hide it’ – John McCaffrey @jamccaffrey July 20, 2022
- Join 20,366 other followers