- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged orphans
My guest this week turned to writing novels after long years as a children’s rights lawyer representing teenagers in care. Her fiction debut, Losing Agir, was launched on Human Rights Day and is a teen thriller about a child in care and a refugee who unite to seek justice. Music helped her connect with the realities of her displaced characters’ lives, especially experiences that most of us take for granted – such as a family Christmas. She is Liz Fisher-Frank and she’s on the Red Blog talking about Losing Agir and its Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, contemporary fiction, current-events, deepen your story, having ideas, how to write a novel, Human Rights Day, inspiration, Liz Fisher-Frank, Losing Agir, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, orphans, political refugees, politics, publishing, refugees, Roz Morris, teen novels, teen thrillers, teenage refugees, teenagers, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing to music, YA, YA novels, YA thrillers
- How to outline a book without killing the fun of writing it October 14, 2018
- ‘Rubble-strewn streets and lost souls’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, SD Mayes October 12, 2018
- What makes a winner? Lessons from judging a writing competition September 19, 2018
- What do you read when you’re writing? It’s complicated September 17, 2018
- The rescued desk – where do you write? August 26, 2018
- Building readership: a quiet rebellion against three pieces of conventional marketing wisdom August 14, 2018
- A plea to authors – please speak out about piracy July 24, 2018