- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged prize draw
Some writers plan to the ennnnnth degree. Before they write, they prepare a trunkload of ideas, route maps and background. Then we have the scribblers who travel light. Just the barest plot twist, perhaps a skinnily-honed last line or a little black denouement. (Actually, I’m warming to this wardrobe theme.)
So if you’re in the former category, what mustn’t you forget? And if the latter, what’s the bare minimum you can get away with?
Today I’m at a festival called Chapter Book Challenge, a month-long event that aims to galvanise writers to write a chapter book in just a month. I’m zoning in on the essentials for the drafting process – and as an added bonus, commenters on the post (THAT post, not this one!) will get entered into a draw to win a paperback copy of Nail Your Novel, original flavour, which is packed with essentials for getting you from first idea to final draft. Come on over to find out what every well-dressed novel is wearing...
authors, capsule wardrobe, Chapter Book Challenge 2014, deepen your story, drafting a novel, fiction, free book, guest post, guest posts, having ideas, how to outline a novel, how to plan a novel, how to write a book, how to write a novel, inspiration, My Memories of a Future Life, outlining a novel, outlining your novel, pantsing, pantsing versus planning, Planning, planning a novel, Plot, prize draw, publishing, Rebecca Fyfe, Roz Morris, synopsis, WIN, win a book, win a paperback, win a writing book, writer's block, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, writing books, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing routine
I’ll tell this in pictures. Take this:
Congratulations, Debby! Email me with your postal address and I’ll send you your goodies! And thank you, everyone who helped spread the word about my new cover.
authors, books, goodies, handwriting, how to write a book, how to write a novel, My Memories of a Future Life, prize draw, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart
‘Music, the language of souls’: The Undercover Soundtrack, Roz Morris – and WIN a limited print edition of the novel
With a red piano on the cover, you can bet my novel has a well-stocked soundtrack. I listened to Grieg’s piano concerto in A so often that I developed absolute pitch. The harmony – or counterpoint – between the two narrative lines began in a piece by Joe Jackson. Andreq’s composure came from an exquisite singer whose song titles alone make me want to write. It’s my turn on the Red Blog today, talking about the Undercover Soundtrack for My Memories of a Future Life.
And to conclude the anniversary festivities (which means you have a proper writing post this weekend) we have a…
COMPETITION Win a very limited print edition of My Memories of a Future Life
This edition isn’t for sale, it’s simply something I wanted to make. But you could win one of two copies – signed and numbered – by commenting on my Undercover Soundtrack. Earn even more karma by sharing around the etherverse (both now and in the future). Find out more….
authors, competition, deepen your story, having ideas, how to write a book, how to write a novel, inspiration, limited edition, literary fiction, literature, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, Planning, polishing, prize, prize draw, publishing, revising, Rewriting, Roz Morris, self-publishing, special edition, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, WIN, win a book, win a paperback, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing prompt, writing to music
- Writers – how to find the editor that’s right for you November 10, 2019
- Writing memoir, taking control, long-term careers – talking to Victoria Dougherty about the 21st century author October 20, 2019
- What your readers will never notice… a small point about reader belief and story logic (with a little help from Terrance Dicks, Rod Hull and Nina Conti) October 13, 2019
- 7 writing resources I use all the time October 6, 2019
- My kind of weird, my kind of wonderful – interview at Davida Chazan’s blog September 11, 2019
- How to outline a novel – post at Ingram Spark September 8, 2019
- 7 swift storytelling hacks for back story, description, dialogue, exposition, point of view and plot August 18, 2019