- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged publishing industry
Apologies to those on New Year diets. Early commenters at my Authors Electric post have already let me know they are distressed at my excessive use of pictures of pies. But they are artistically necessary.
I’m venting about publishers’ porkies. (In case that doesn’t translate outside the UK; it’s rhyming slang. Porky pies. Now you see.) As more authors choose to self-publish for career and artistic reasons, the publishing industry is maintaining the fiction that all those with talent shall be welcomed with open arms, and that writers can’t do without their nurturing support. If self-publishers are ever to be considered as equals by the literary community, this has got to stop.
More pie (much more) at Authors Electric. Do come over and say your piece.
agents, artistic reasons, authors, Authors Electric, awards, books, fiction, how to write a book, how to write a novel, literary establishment, literary fiction, literature, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, pictures of pies, publishing, publishing industry, reviewers, reviews, rhyming slang, Roz Morris, self publishers, self-publishing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, writing business, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- Magic ingredients for a great plot – video and podcast at The Creative Penn April 24, 2015
- ‘A disturbing symphony’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Paul Adkin April 22, 2015
- How to keep writing when time is scarce – 6 tips and video chat at #IndieReCon15 April 19, 2015
- ‘The distraction of silence’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Louise Marley April 15, 2015
- Indie authors: are you making these mistakes with your print books? How to look professional on the page April 12, 2015
- Whistle-stop tour through a ghostwriting career and beyond – interview at Whitefox April 9, 2015
- ‘Unending feelings of loss and loneliness’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Chrissie Parker April 8, 2015
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…