- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged RPGs
Worldbuilding for SF and other fiction, reimagined for roleplayers. And pony books. Podcast at Fictoplasm
How do you create a world for a science fiction novel or a slipstream element for a more contemporary story? I’ve done both with my two fiction outings, My Memories of a Future Life and Lifeform Three. So Ralph Lovegrove invited me to guest on Fictoplasm, his podcast for roleplayers.
You probably know I’m fond of stories that flirt with the edges of SF and fable, and we discussed quite a few, some of which are in this thumbnail above. And Ralph has made detailed show notes with the titles and a time stamp so you can jump to exactly the bits that interest you.
Ralph’s podcast likes to explore unconventional inspirations for roleplayers, so I offered him a challenge. Could I convince him that the pony story, beloved of horse-mad kids (and grown-up kids) was worth a look? He was more than game – and it gave me a grand excuse to revisit some old, old friends. Do I get away with it? There’s only one way to know. Trot over for a look.
audio, Blindness, Bob Shaw, Christine, Eclipse of the Century, Fahrenheit 451, fantasy worlds, Fictoplasm, guest post, guest posts, horse books, Iain Banks, interview, interviews, Jan Mark, Jose Saramago, Josephine and Diana Pullein-Thompson, Kevin Brockmeier, Light of Other Days, Mary Gervaise, Nevil Shute, Night Work, On The Beach, podcast, Podcasts, pony books, pony stories, Ralph Lovegrove, Ray Bradbury, roleplaying, RPGs, Ruby Ferguson, slipstream fiction, The Bridge, The Brief History Of The Dead, Tomas Glavinic, writing roleplaying games
- Handling real-life disasters sensitively in fiction – an interview April 15, 2018
- The secret life of the book ghostwriter – podcast at The Bestseller Experiment March 30, 2018
- 3 creative writing exercises to help you read like an author – at Reedsy March 25, 2018
- Writing a book for easy money – a myth examined March 11, 2018
- 6 unusual tips for writing characters who’ll keep readers riveted – guest post at Ingram Spark March 8, 2018
- Do this before that: 5 production steps for brilliant books – guest post at Alliance of Independent Authors February 18, 2018
- 3 wondrous paradoxes of a slow writing process February 4, 2018