- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged Russian writers
My guest this week tackles a range of narrative styles – comedy, action sci-fi and romcom. He uses music to tap into the right mood for a character or to find the right rhythm for the prose. He also composes and performs music under an alias, so when he hasn’t been able to find a suitable soundtrack for his writing, he creates his own. He is Grigory Ryzhakov and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
GIVEAWAY Grigory is giving away 5 copies (Kindle or epub) of his two-part novelette Becoming Agie to commenters. Leave a note on his post to enter – and if you tweet or share on Facebook, G+ or other media, be sure to mention because that counts as extra entries too.
action sci fi, authors, Becoming Agie, fiction, Grigory Ryzhakov, having ideas, how to write a book, how to write a novel, music, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, narrative styles, novels, publishing, revising, romantic comedy, romcom, Roz Morris, Russian fiction, Russian writers, sci-fi, science fiction, self-publishing, The Undercover Soundtrack, transsexual character, transsexuals, undercover soundtrack, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing to music
- Devils for detail – dictionaries, grammar and editing considerations for authors. Ep 31 FREE podcast for writers May 26, 2020
- How to master back story – professional course at Jane Friedman May 25, 2020
- Your first pages – 5 more novel openings critiqued by a literary agent (and me!) at @Litopia May 24, 2020
- Live critique – Peter writes a story. Ep 30 FREE podcast for writers May 20, 2020
- Does a story’s protagonist have to be likable? We discuss! Ep 29 FREE podcast for writers May 19, 2020
- How to run – or join – an authors’ collective. Ep 28 FREE podcast for writers feat @triskelebooks May 17, 2020
- From fragments we build a book – Ep 27 FREE podcast course for writers May 14, 2020