- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged Skunk Anansie
My guest this week swears that if her chest hadn’t obscured her view of her guitar, she’d have been a rock star. Some of her early life decisions were dictated by the need to be connected to music, and when she wrote her crime novel set in a London burlesque club, she had two flavours of playlist – angry and dark. Fiction nearly became reality when she had a near-death experience at her book launch – which I was startled to hear because I remember when her cheerful invitations were circulating on Facebook. Thankfully she lived to tell the tale. She is Yasmin Selena Butt and she’s on the Red Blog with her Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, Black Glitter, burlesque, Cocteau Twins, contemporary fiction, crime fiction, crime novelist, crime novels, Death in Vegas, Desert Island Discs, editors, facebook, Garbage, Gunshot Glitter, Interpol, Jeff Buckley, London, music, music for writers, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, Nail Your Novel, near-death experience, Nine Inch Nails, PiL, playlist for writers, Portishead, rock star, Roz Morris, Skunk Anansie, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, The Pixies, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, Women Writers, writers, writing, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing to music, Yasmin Selena Butt
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- ‘Everything about the characters was held within these notes’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Jason Hewitt September 2, 2015
- Screenwriter to novelist: tips for adapting to a new storytelling medium August 30, 2015
- ‘Watching the wintry sea and reflecting on a marriage’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Clare Flynn August 26, 2015
- I invented you, honest. An author’s apology to a blameless town August 23, 2015
- ‘Battle songs’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Naomi Elana Zener August 19, 2015
- NaNo oh no? Let’s discuss the good and bad of NaNoWriMo August 16, 2015
- Nanowrimo prep: plan your characters, improvise your plot – guest post at Romance University August 12, 2015
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…