- Books for writers
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Email me
Posts Tagged sound of rain
My guest this week measures his novels in rainstorms. More accurately, I should say he measures them in how many times he has listened to one rainstorm during the writing. His novel is about a dreamy and messianic boy, and he used a loop of weather noises to cocoon himself in a mental space where he felt composed enough to write. The result is a meditative post, perhaps perfect for summer days in the drowsy grip of a heatwave. His name is Bryan Furuness and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
GIVEAWAY Bryan is giving away 2 paperback copies of The Lost Episodes of Revie Bryson to commenters here. Extra entries if you share the post on Twitter, Facebook or other platforms – but remember to note in your comment here that you have! He also asks that if you happen to win, he’d be extremely grateful for a review on Amazon or Goodreads – favourable or otherwise.
Also, don’t forget that there’s a giveaway here on the Purple Blog as well… to celebrate a new cover.
anaphora, authors, book giveaway, Bryan Furuness, Butler University, cars, climate, contemporary fiction, Desert Island Discs, literary fiction, literary journals, literary novels, literature, male writers, miriam berkley, music, music for writers, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, Nail Your Novel, nature, nature sounds, Ninth Letter, playlist for writers, populate a mysterious place, Pressgang, rainstorms, Rainymood.com, Roz Morris, second coming of christ, short story writer, sound of rain, sounds of nature, sounds of rain, sounds of storms, The Lost Episodes of Revie Bryson, The Undercover Soundtrack, transistor radios, undercover soundtrack, writers, writing, writing to music, writing to rain
- The accidental way to build a writing career – interview at @AnnalisaCrawf November 16, 2021
- Can we reclaim the term ‘literary fiction’? A conversation with Imogen Clark @ImogenClark November 13, 2021
- What’s literary fiction and how do you sell it? Interview on the Self-Publishing Show @SelfPubForm October 24, 2021
- How I made my writing career – award-winning novelist and short story writer Ann S Epstein @asewovenwords October 20, 2021
- Do I want to make a career writing fiction? A conversation October 3, 2021
- Why should anybody read about your life? The 7 Ss for writing a memoir with universal appeal September 17, 2021
- Your first pages – 5 more book openings critiqued at @Litopia by literary agent @agentpete , reader @kaylie_finn and me! September 9, 2021