- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged Susan Price
My guest this week was so young when Faber bought her first fantasy novel that her father had to sign the contract. She’s more than built on that early promise by scooping the Carnegie Medal and the Guardian prize and is so prolific that in her credits she only lists her best-known works. Her imagination has ranged everywhere, from a fantasy czarist Russia to the far future – and thrilling, evocative music has been intrinsic to all of them. She is children’s author Susan Price, and she’s on the Red Blog with a truly rich Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, award winner, award-winning author, Carnegie Medal, children's fantasy, deepen your story, Do Authors Dream of Electric Books?, evocative music, faber, fantasy, fantasy Czarist Russia, fantasy novel, Guardian award, having ideas, how to write a novel, imagination, inspiration, MG fiction, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, Sterkarm, Susan Price, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing to music
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- Screenwriter to novelist: tips for adapting to a new storytelling medium August 30, 2015
- ‘Watching the wintry sea and reflecting on a marriage’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Clare Flynn August 26, 2015
- I invented you, honest. An author’s apology to a blameless town August 23, 2015
- ‘Battle songs’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Naomi Elana Zener August 19, 2015
- NaNo oh no? Let’s discuss the good and bad of NaNoWriMo August 16, 2015
- Nanowrimo prep: plan your characters, improvise your plot – guest post at Romance University August 12, 2015
- Self-editing masterclass snapshots: key character disappears, how should I handle it? August 9, 2015
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…