- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged Symphony of Science
I just discovered that Mixcloud, where Surrey Hills Radio archive the show I present with bookseller Peter Snell, has a function to share episodes on WordPress. Now you might be thinking I’ve posted a lot of audio and video recently, so let me reassure you I haven’t abandoned text. That would be somewhat absurd for a blog by a writer anyway, as prose is our instrument. Prose posts will be resumed, fear not.
But Mixcloud has these twinkling buttons, so here goes. The episode I’ve chosen is the special we recorded at Easter, where we ran through highlights of previous shows with the music we played at the time. For lo, one of the joys of working with a radio station is that they are licensed to broadcast music. (So you get the bliss of my music collection, for better or worse.)
We usually stick to two carefully chosen tracks that illustrate the topic under discussion, more or less. All right, sometimes it’s tenuous when I want an excuse to play something. Think of it as a ‘back to mine’ evening, with writing talk. But this episode we collected a few of our favourites together, so you get Symphony of Science, Grace Jones, Christopher Cross, The Eagles, Avalanches, Paul Weller, Nick Cave and a few other surprises which we’ll keep for you to discover. Hope you enjoy the trip.
Avalanches, Christopher Cross, episode, Grace Jones, how to be a writer, how to be an author, Nick Cave, Paul Weller, Peter Snell, radio show, Roz Morris, So You Want To Be A Writer, Surrey Hills Radio, Symphony of Science, The Eagles
- Power stations of the mind – a piece of Not Quite Lost at the Liminal Residency February 21, 2020
- ‘More life is lived in a service station than in a castle…’ – discussing the wonder of abandoned spaces with Krishan Coupland of The Liminal Residency February 16, 2020
- Hit the ground running with your first pages – 5 book openings critiqued by a literary agent (and me!) at Litopia January 19, 2020
- Story as metaphor – talking to Ann Napolitano, author of Dear Edward January 14, 2020
- Is it cheating to use a ghostwriter? January 12, 2020
- Finished Nanowrimo? 5 ways to use the holidays to keep your new writing habits… without revising too early December 8, 2019
- Writers – how to find the editor that’s right for you November 10, 2019