- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged The Good Cemetery Guide
This week, Undercover Soundtrack day falls on Halloween – shiveringly close to Mexico’s El dia de los Muertos. And my guest has more than risen to the occasion with her award-winning literary novel The Good Cemetery Guide. It centres on a guitar-playing mortician’s son and she built his life and loved ones from reggae, Texan ballads, traditional Mexican music, Phil Collins and Robbie Williams. You’ll grin like a ghoul when you see what she took from Meatloaf. She is essayist, poet and novelist Consuelo Roland and she’s on the Red Blog, sharing her Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, cemetery guide, Consuelo Roland, Day of the Dead, deepen your story, dia de los muertos, El Día de los Muertos, fiction, good cemetery, having ideas, how to write a book, how to write a novel, inspiration, literary fiction, literature, Mexico, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, Roz Morris, self-publishing, The Good Cemetery Guide, The Undercover Soundtrack, traditional mexican music, undercover soundtrack, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing to music
Facebook, Pinterest, Linked In, YouTube
- 3 ways writers fail to get maximum impact from a story – and what to do instead November 27, 2016
- 2 tips for balancing writing and marketing time – Q&A from New Generation Publishing Summit November 20, 2016
- Help, what’s my genre? Some tips for deciding – guest spot at Anne R Allen November 14, 2016
- Traditional publishing & selfpublishing … not so different: Q&A from New Generation Publishing summit November 12, 2016
- ‘There’s something timeless and questing and unique about Talking Heads’ – the Undercover Soundtrack, Stephanie Gangi November 11, 2016
- Two cool ways to use misdirection as a storyteller November 6, 2016
- I wish I’d written… three books that challenge me to raise my game October 30, 2016