- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged The Good Cemetery Guide
This week, Undercover Soundtrack day falls on Halloween – shiveringly close to Mexico’s El dia de los Muertos. And my guest has more than risen to the occasion with her award-winning literary novel The Good Cemetery Guide. It centres on a guitar-playing mortician’s son and she built his life and loved ones from reggae, Texan ballads, traditional Mexican music, Phil Collins and Robbie Williams. You’ll grin like a ghoul when you see what she took from Meatloaf. She is essayist, poet and novelist Consuelo Roland and she’s on the Red Blog, sharing her Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, cemetery guide, Consuelo Roland, Day of the Dead, deepen your story, dia de los muertos, El Día de los Muertos, fiction, good cemetery, having ideas, how to write a book, how to write a novel, inspiration, literary fiction, literature, Mexico, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, Roz Morris, self-publishing, The Good Cemetery Guide, The Undercover Soundtrack, traditional mexican music, undercover soundtrack, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing to music
- Are you bored? One writing rule you really need January 13, 2019
- How to keep in touch with your book when your writing routine is disrupted December 11, 2018
- I’ve finished my manuscript! What now? 16 ultimate resources to make good decisions about your book November 12, 2018
- Literary fiction – do we need a new term? October 21, 2018
- How to outline a book without killing the fun of writing it October 14, 2018
- ‘Rubble-strewn streets and lost souls’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, SD Mayes October 12, 2018
- What makes a winner? Lessons from judging a writing competition September 19, 2018