- Books for writers
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Email me
Posts Tagged The third Nail Your Novel book
This week I’ve been pouring my grey cells into edits for Nail Your Novel 3 so I hope you’ll forgive this brief hiatus in my blogging schedule. The third Nail Your Novel book finally has a title (Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart), a cover and most of its insides. I’ve been adapting and greatly enlarging the posts I’ve published here into an in-depth exploration of what plot is, how it works and how to write a good one. In asking these questions I’ve taught myself a thing or three as well.
If you’re eager for a taster right now, one of my recent shows at Surrey Hills Radio discussed plot – you can find it on this page as show no 6 (we’re working on getting proper titles but we don’t have control of the website!).
The plot book should be out within the next month … hopefully. I’m waiting for comments from my critique partners so I reserve the right to be coy about the actual release date in case they find a howling omission or other embarrassing disaster. If you want to know the very moment it’s out, you can get my newsletter here.
I’ll be back with a proper post next week. I hate to miss a week but sometimes we need to. How about you? Do you have a strict blogging schedule? What makes you bend it? Til next time… R xx
authors, Depth & Heart, having ideas, how to write a bestseller, how to write a better book, how to write a book, how to write a great plot, how to write a novel, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, plots, publishing, Roz Morris, story, storytelling, The third Nail Your Novel book, writers, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing routine
- Your first pages – 5 more book openings critiqued by literary agent @agentpete , writer @simnett and me! January 25, 2022
- Device addiction, how we treat ‘others’, and a love of horses – talking to @authorgreene about World Fantasy Award longlisted Lifeform Three January 23, 2022
- Standalone or series? Get started with this course at @JaneFriedman January 18, 2022
- No luck submitting my book to agents and publishers – should I hire a different editor? January 9, 2022
- The resilient mindset, overcoming blocks and living every moment of the creative journey – interview at @insideyourhead0 December 19, 2021
- Learning by doing: how I made my writing career – Nick Padron @nfpadron December 14, 2021
- How to cope with a hefty report from a developmental editor December 8, 2021