- Books for writers
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Email me
Posts Tagged Three Hares Publishing
My guest this week is releasing her debut novel, a tale of love, loss and friendship centring on a pair of twins. She says that music was her anchor while she was brainstorming ideas and exploring the characters, helping to deepen her characters and refine her plot points. Her soundtrack ranges from the mournful to the joyous, with tracks by Iggy Pop, Evanescence, Robbie Williams and Samuel Barber. She is Christina Banach and she’s on the Red Blog with her Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, bereavement, brainstorming ideas, characters, Christina Banach, Cindi Lauper, contemporary fiction, death of a twin, debut novel, Desert Island Discs, drowning, Evanescence, friends, Girls Just Want To Have Fun, how to write young adult fiction, Iggy Pop, Last Breath, loss, loss of a twin, love, Minty, music for writers, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, Nail Your Novel, paranormal, playlist for writers, Robbie Williams, Rome, Roz Morris, Samuel Barber, sisters, The Undercover Soundtrack, Three Hares Press, Three Hares Publishing, True Colours, twins, undercover soundtrack, Women Writers, writers, writing, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing to music, YA, young adult, young adult fiction, young adult novels
My guest this week represents something of a milestone. When I was new to Twitter I remember stumbling across his tweets and his blog, where he was taking his first steps in building a presence as a science fiction writer. Meanwhile, he was working on his debut novel, and over the months and years I would catch tweets and Facebook updates about rewrites, and his search for an agent and a publisher. That persistence paid off; he found representation and then a deal with Three Hares Press. Hosting him here feels like the satisfying end of a long journey. He is Nick Cook, the novel is the first in the Cloud Riders series, and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, Awolnation, Cloud Riders, debut novel, Desert Island Discs, facebook, fantasy, male writers, music, music for writers, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, Nail Your Novel, Nick Cook, playlist for writers, Roz Morris, science fiction, science fiction writer, The Undercover Soundtrack, Three Hares Press, Three Hares Publishing, twitter, undercover soundtrack, writers, writing, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing to music
- Comments from experts… how to use factual feedback wisely in your story (and not go mad when your plot falls apart) June 13, 2021
- Your first pages – 5 more book openings critiqued by a literary agent, author/Bookstagrammer @KateESalisbury (and me!) at @Litopia June 6, 2021
- I made this! Ever Rest is now available June 4, 2021
- How I made my writing career – novelist, writing coach and educator Connie Biewald May 24, 2021
- Reading as a duty and reading for pleasure… plus the oldest book on my shelf. At @jaffareadstoo May 23, 2021
- And then there were three – 7 steps of a long-haul novel May 18, 2021
- Writers, can’t kill your darlings? Read this May 8, 2021