- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged two lovers
‘Two styles of music made the characters of the two lovers’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Jessica Thompson
My guest this week has always been a singer, but says she only recently realised how much of her novel This Is A Love Story was inspired by music. An unforgettable gig became the novel’s most forceful romantic scene. Two styles of music – with very different attitudes – coalesced to form the characters of the two lovers. She is Jessica Thompson and she’s on the Red Blog talking about her Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, contemporary fiction, deepen your story, having ideas, how to write a novel, inspiration, Jessica Thompson, love story, lovers, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, publishing, romance, romantic scene, Roz Morris, styles of music, The Undercover Soundtrack, This is A Love Story, two lovers, undercover soundtrack, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing to music
- What your readers will never notice… a small point about reader belief and story logic (with a little help from Terrance Dicks, Rod Hull and Nina Conti) October 13, 2019
- 7 writing resources I use all the time October 6, 2019
- My kind of weird, my kind of wonderful – interview at Davida Chazan’s blog September 11, 2019
- How to outline a novel – post at Ingram Spark September 8, 2019
- 7 swift storytelling hacks for back story, description, dialogue, exposition, point of view and plot August 18, 2019
- The secret is out: 10 thoughts on nearly finishing a long-haul novel July 27, 2019
- 9 tips to nail dialogue – guest post at Ingram Spark July 8, 2019