- Books for writers
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Email me
Posts Tagged Valerie Nieman
Right now, the annual conference of the Association of Writers & Writing Programs is taking place in Portland, Oregon, a mecca for writers, teachers, writers-in-training (actually that’s all of us anyway, we never seem to stop training).
Meanwhile in the ether, another event is afoot. Literary editor, critic and tireless author John Madera (tweet him as @aredamnhoj) has convened an alternative AWP for his podcast Jamming Their Transmission, on his site The Big Other (he has a lot of web territories!).
He’s handpicked a set of literary folk to give short readings (less than 5 minutes each) to let the world hear their work, in their own voices, and he’s publishing them as half-hour podcasts during real AWP. I’m thrilled to be one of the authors on part 3 and you can hear me read a piece from Not Quite Lost.
I’m even more thrilled to be sharing the stage with six exciting poets, memoirists and novelists, who are Tony Trigilio, Valerie Nieman, Kallie Falandays, Seth Berg, Cris Mazza and Michael A Ferro. Find our episode and the rest of John’s programme here.
Association of Writers & Writing Programs, audio, authors read their work, AWP 2019, Cris Mazza, free podcast, Jamming Their Transmission, John Madera, Kallie Falandays, Michael A Ferro, Not Quite Lost, podcast, poetry readings, Seth Berg, The Big Other, Tony Trigilio, Valerie Nieman
- Device addiction, how we treat ‘others’, and a love of horses – talking to @authorgreene about World Fantasy Award longlisted Lifeform Three January 23, 2022
- Standalone or series? Get started with this course at @JaneFriedman January 18, 2022
- No luck submitting my book to agents and publishers – should I hire a different editor? January 9, 2022
- The resilient mindset, overcoming blocks and living every moment of the creative journey – interview at @insideyourhead0 December 19, 2021
- Learning by doing: how I made my writing career – Nick Padron @nfpadron December 14, 2021
- How to cope with a hefty report from a developmental editor December 8, 2021
- Wilderness woman falls into memoir writing – Wren Godfrey Chapman December 2, 2021