- Books for writers
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Email me
Posts Tagged White Lady
The band is about to split. Our magnificent seven will soon scatter. The box set containing our seven novels will evaporate at the stroke of midnight BST on Saturday 23 May.
We might even resume our normal colours.
Here’s a post that explains the box set experiment. Here’s one where we were asked just what kind of political statement we thought we were making. And, in case you feel like tackling a similar venture, here’s one where we explain lessons learned.
And here’s what it’s all about:
And here’s a pretty thingy to watch
So, for the final time, you can get the box set on all ebook platforms here.
And in the meantime, I’m taking a blogging break this weekend, but I’ll be back with The Undercover Soundtrack as usual. See you there.
An Unchoreographed Life, bargain box set, Blue Mercy, Carol Cooper, contemporary fiction, Crazy For Trying, female writers, fiction, Jane Davis, Jessica Bell, Joni Rodgers, Kathleen Jones, My Memories of a Future Life, One Night at the Jacaranda, Orna Ross, Outside the Box: Women Writing Women, Roz Morris, sale ends, strong female characters, strong women, the box set, The Centauress, White Lady, Women Writers
My guest this week is an old hand at The Undercover Soundtrack. She made her first appearance here in 2012 with a soundtrack she had composed, sung and recorded herself – which earned my undying envy (in a good way). She’s a singer-songwriter as well as a poet and novelist, so music is a natural way for her to understand her characters. In her latest novel, she writes from the perspective of five people, and used music to help her create their different voices and mentalities. Join me on the Red Blog to meet Jessica Bell (once again) and the Undercover Soundtrack to White Lady.
authors, contemporary fiction, crime, crime fiction, Desert Island Discs, first appearance, Hole, Homeric Writers’ Retreat & Workshop, I Killed the Prom Queen, Jessica Bell, Judy Garland, Lene Lovich, Magic Dirt, Metallica, murder, music, music for writers, music for writing, musicians, My Memories of a Future Life, Nail Your Novel, playlist for writers, Roz Morris, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, Vine Leaves Literary Journal, White Lady, Women Writers, writers, writing, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing to music
- Join 26,173 other subscribers
- ‘The sound of a typewriter brings me happiness’ – historical fiction and non-fiction author Cordelia Biddle @AuthorBiddle January 17, 2023
- Let nothing stop you finishing your book – interview with Joanna Penn @thecreativepenn January 11, 2023
- Easy reading is hard writing – why hard writing is worth it and how to do it January 8, 2023
- Audiobook lovers, lend me your ears December 1, 2022
- Thriller writers – your first pages: 5 more book openings critiqued by @agentpete @anniesummerlee and me! November 29, 2022
- ‘When creative is your job title, you have to keep earning it’ – author, poet, sculptor and memoirist Guinotte Wise @noirbut November 20, 2022
- How do you make a career with your writing? Lessons from several years of author interviews November 11, 2022
- Join 26,173 other subscribers