- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged win a writing book
Some writers plan to the ennnnnth degree. Before they write, they prepare a trunkload of ideas, route maps and background. Then we have the scribblers who travel light. Just the barest plot twist, perhaps a skinnily-honed last line or a little black denouement. (Actually, I’m warming to this wardrobe theme.)
So if you’re in the former category, what mustn’t you forget? And if the latter, what’s the bare minimum you can get away with?
Today I’m at a festival called Chapter Book Challenge, a month-long event that aims to galvanise writers to write a chapter book in just a month. I’m zoning in on the essentials for the drafting process – and as an added bonus, commenters on the post (THAT post, not this one!) will get entered into a draw to win a paperback copy of Nail Your Novel, original flavour, which is packed with essentials for getting you from first idea to final draft. Come on over to find out what every well-dressed novel is wearing...
authors, capsule wardrobe, Chapter Book Challenge 2014, deepen your story, drafting a novel, fiction, free book, guest post, guest posts, having ideas, how to outline a novel, how to plan a novel, how to write a book, how to write a novel, inspiration, My Memories of a Future Life, outlining a novel, outlining your novel, pantsing, pantsing versus planning, Planning, planning a novel, Plot, prize draw, publishing, Rebecca Fyfe, Roz Morris, synopsis, WIN, win a book, win a paperback, win a writing book, writer's block, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, writing books, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing routine
- Getting editors, spotting mistakes, publishing across many genres and author control! 4 questions from a self-publishing conference August 9, 2020
- How to write books for children and young adults – Ep42 FREE podcast for authors August 4, 2020
- What’s on an author’s bookshelf? Ep 41 FREE podcast for writers July 23, 2020
- How to write a sequel – and when not to. Ep 40 FREE podcast for authors July 22, 2020
- Music, summer, 1990s Camden – The Undercover Soundtrack, Guy Mankowski @GMankow July 16, 2020
- How I became an author – interview on inspirational authors podcast July 13, 2020
- ‘What you do with difficult ideas is turn them into art’ – an interview with Mat Osman @matosman July 12, 2020