- Books for writers
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Email me
Posts Tagged win a writing book
Some writers plan to the ennnnnth degree. Before they write, they prepare a trunkload of ideas, route maps and background. Then we have the scribblers who travel light. Just the barest plot twist, perhaps a skinnily-honed last line or a little black denouement. (Actually, I’m warming to this wardrobe theme.)
So if you’re in the former category, what mustn’t you forget? And if the latter, what’s the bare minimum you can get away with?
Today I’m at a festival called Chapter Book Challenge, a month-long event that aims to galvanise writers to write a chapter book in just a month. I’m zoning in on the essentials for the drafting process – and as an added bonus, commenters on the post (THAT post, not this one!) will get entered into a draw to win a paperback copy of Nail Your Novel, original flavour, which is packed with essentials for getting you from first idea to final draft. Come on over to find out what every well-dressed novel is wearing...
authors, capsule wardrobe, Chapter Book Challenge 2014, deepen your story, drafting a novel, fiction, free book, guest post, guest posts, having ideas, how to outline a novel, how to plan a novel, how to write a book, how to write a novel, inspiration, My Memories of a Future Life, outlining a novel, outlining your novel, pantsing, pantsing versus planning, Planning, planning a novel, Plot, prize draw, publishing, Rebecca Fyfe, Roz Morris, synopsis, WIN, win a book, win a paperback, win a writing book, writer's block, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, writing books, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing routine
- What’s literary fiction and how do you sell it? Interview on the Self-Publishing Show @SelfPubForm October 24, 2021
- How I made my writing career – award-winning novelist and short story writer Ann S Epstein @asewovenwords October 20, 2021
- Do I want to make a career writing fiction? A conversation October 3, 2021
- Why should anybody read about your life? The 7 Ss for writing a memoir with universal appeal September 17, 2021
- Your first pages – 5 more book openings critiqued at @Litopia by literary agent @agentpete , reader @kaylie_finn and me! September 9, 2021
- How I made my writing career – novelist and award-winning short story writer Annalisa Crawford @AnnalisaCrawf September 3, 2021
- Would Ever Rest suit your book club? Here’s a FREE book to help you decide August 20, 2021