- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged Witi Ihimaera
How long does it take to write a novel? Years, months, a Nanowrimosecond? I’m riffing on this idea today at Beyondaries, the ezine of Port Yonder Press.
Port Yonder is one of those publishers whose remit I could have written myself. It looks for strong, original crossover books with award-winning potential. In charge is managing editor Chila Woychik, who recruited for her ezine a bunch of writers who like their rules thoroughly bent and kicked.
Among the other contributors is Dan Holloway, who often stops here with a challenging take on whatever I’m talking about. His video is about the music of words. Also at Beyondaries you’ll find Shannon Elizabeth Hardwick talking about finding poetry in the everyday, and Grace Bridges comparing Witi Ihimaera to Doctor Who. And of course, Chila herself on the stubborn, self-driven qualities that mark out a true creative.
If you fancy a trip beyond the usual, pull up at Beyondaries.
authors, Chila Woychik, creativity, Dan Holloway, Doctor Who, fiction, having ideas, how to write a novel, inspiration, literary fiction, literature, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, podcast, poetry, Port Yonder Press, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, Shannon Elizabeth Hardwick, Witi Ihimaera, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing style
Le tweet …. c’est chicMy Tweets
Facebook, Pinterest, Linked In, YouTube
- 5 essential habits I learned while ghost-writing – guest post at Jo Malby July 29, 2016
- ‘Music brought me closer to that amalgum of confusion, self-pity and nostalgia’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Anne Goodwin July 28, 2016
- How to find your author voice – interview with Joanna Penn July 25, 2016
- You know what your book means… but does the reader? Tackle it with two mindsets July 17, 2016
- Three steps to a smoother writing style July 10, 2016
- Conflict in every scene? Disasters in every act? Yes and no July 3, 2016
- Should you – could you – crowdfund your next book? Unbound uncovered June 26, 2016