- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged Witi Ihimaera
How long does it take to write a novel? Years, months, a Nanowrimosecond? I’m riffing on this idea today at Beyondaries, the ezine of Port Yonder Press.
Port Yonder is one of those publishers whose remit I could have written myself. It looks for strong, original crossover books with award-winning potential. In charge is managing editor Chila Woychik, who recruited for her ezine a bunch of writers who like their rules thoroughly bent and kicked.
Among the other contributors is Dan Holloway, who often stops here with a challenging take on whatever I’m talking about. His video is about the music of words. Also at Beyondaries you’ll find Shannon Elizabeth Hardwick talking about finding poetry in the everyday, and Grace Bridges comparing Witi Ihimaera to Doctor Who. And of course, Chila herself on the stubborn, self-driven qualities that mark out a true creative.
If you fancy a trip beyond the usual, pull up at Beyondaries.
authors, Chila Woychik, creativity, Dan Holloway, Doctor Who, fiction, having ideas, how to write a novel, inspiration, literary fiction, literature, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, podcast, poetry, Port Yonder Press, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, Shannon Elizabeth Hardwick, Witi Ihimaera, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing style
- Handling real-life disasters sensitively in fiction – an interview April 15, 2018
- The secret life of the book ghostwriter – podcast at The Bestseller Experiment March 30, 2018
- 3 creative writing exercises to help you read like an author – at Reedsy March 25, 2018
- Writing a book for easy money – a myth examined March 11, 2018
- 6 unusual tips for writing characters who’ll keep readers riveted – guest post at Ingram Spark March 8, 2018
- Do this before that: 5 production steps for brilliant books – guest post at Alliance of Independent Authors February 18, 2018
- 3 wondrous paradoxes of a slow writing process February 4, 2018