- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged Yeovil Literature Prize
Today I’m at the blog of Chris Hill, which I’m rather chuffed about because Chris has appeared on some impressive writing shortlists: The Daily Telegraph Novel In A Year competition; the Yeovil Literature Prize; the Bridport. (And of course you might know him already from The Undercover Soundtrack.)
Chris asked me how I ended up with radio shows, masterclasses etc, and also a few things that made me think hard – the themes that characterise my fiction and what I’m like as a person. Which led to the statement you see in this headline. Come on over for more.
PS Proper Nail Your Novel post is in the pipes. Keep watching this space.
Bridport prize, Chris Hill, Daily Telegraph Novel In A Year, how authors do it, how to start a writing career, how to start writing, interview, interviews, Roz Morris, themes, why I write, writing careers, Yeovil Literature Prize
- ‘What you do with difficult ideas is turn them into art’ – an interview with Mat Osman @matosman July 12, 2020
- How to write your memoir – Ep39 FREE podcast for writers July 10, 2020
- Can you hear me calling? Social media sites for authors – Ep 38 FREE podcast for writers July 7, 2020
- Where should your novel begin? Ep 37 FREE podcast for writers June 22, 2020
- How to write in the holidays and at other disrupted times – Ep 36 FREE podcast for writers June 14, 2020
- How to get followers for your blog – Ep35 FREE podcast June 10, 2020
- After the red pen – a pain-free way to tackle beta reader comments June 7, 2020