My guest this week swears that if her chest hadn’t obscured her view of her guitar, she’d have been a rock star. Some of her early life decisions were dictated by the need to be connected to music, and when she wrote her crime novel set in a London burlesque club, she had two flavours of playlist – angry and dark. Fiction nearly became reality when she had a near-death experience at her book launch – which I was startled to hear because I remember when her cheerful invitations were circulating on Facebook. Thankfully she lived to tell the tale. She is Yasmin Selena Butt and she’s on the Red Blog with her Undercover Soundtrack.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Radio show
- Who am I?
‘Music is fuel to take me where the characters go’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Yasmin Selena Butt
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- Should you write under a pseudonym? Pros, cons and practicalities in a digital world November 29, 2015
- Ghostwriting 101, why I write and a brief blog hiatus November 12, 2015
- ‘An earworm of the heart’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Katharine Grant November 11, 2015
- American English, British English, Canadian English… which to use for your book? November 8, 2015
- ‘Tearing open the doors of the heart’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Michael Golding November 4, 2015
- The gallop draft: 5 smart tips for writing a useful draft at speed November 1, 2015
- ‘A cracked but steely song of survival and beauty’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Philip Miller October 28, 2015
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…