My guest this week swears that if her chest hadn’t obscured her view of her guitar, she’d have been a rock star. Some of her early life decisions were dictated by the need to be connected to music, and when she wrote her crime novel set in a London burlesque club, she had two flavours of playlist – angry and dark. Fiction nearly became reality when she had a near-death experience at her book launch – which I was startled to hear because I remember when her cheerful invitations were circulating on Facebook. Thankfully she lived to tell the tale. She is Yasmin Selena Butt and she’s on the Red Blog with her Undercover Soundtrack.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘Music is fuel to take me where the characters go’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Yasmin Selena Butt
- Story as metaphor – talking to Ann Napolitano, author of Dear Edward January 14, 2020
- Is it cheating to use a ghostwriter? January 12, 2020
- Finished Nanowrimo? 5 ways to use the holidays to keep your new writing habits… without revising too early December 8, 2019
- Writers – how to find the editor that’s right for you November 10, 2019
- Writing memoir, taking control, long-term careers – talking to Victoria Dougherty about the 21st century author October 20, 2019
- What your readers will never notice… a small point about reader belief and story logic (with a little help from Terrance Dicks, Rod Hull and Nina Conti) October 13, 2019
- 7 writing resources I use all the time October 6, 2019