‘Music and fairyland go hand in hand’ writes my Undercover Soundtrack guest this week. After cueing up her playlist I can assure you this fairyland is not just rich and strange, but funky, cheeky, cheesy, sassy, riotous, ridiculous and whimsical. It’s hardly surprising then that her novels and poetry have been nominated for numerous awards, including the Mythopoeic, the Lambda, the Hugo, Locus, World Fantasy, and Nebula. Deeply fond of writing to music, she’s also closed the musical circle by inspiring three albums by singer/songwriter S.J. Tucker. She is Catherynne M Valente, and she’s over on the Red Blog talking about The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland In A Ship Of Her Own Making.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Radio show
- Who am I?
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- Ghostwriting 101, why I write and a brief blog hiatus November 12, 2015
- ‘An earworm of the heart’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Katharine Grant November 11, 2015
- American English, British English, Canadian English… which to use for your book? November 8, 2015
- ‘Tearing open the doors of the heart’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Michael Golding November 4, 2015
- The gallop draft: 5 smart tips for writing a useful draft at speed November 1, 2015
- ‘A cracked but steely song of survival and beauty’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Philip Miller October 28, 2015
- Lesson learned from a critique group: ‘why’ is the magic question for storytellers October 25, 2015
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…